Re: [binary+libs] or [binary] + [libs]

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Jesus Climent wrote:

> I am on the progrss of packaging passwdgen as a process of becoming a
> debian developer.

Before we go on, I'd just like to make you aware of the package pwgen, which
would appear to perform possibly similar operations.

> The package comes with a binary and a library to implement the funtions
> but so far no other program has claimed to be using them, so far.

No program is Debian could be using it unless it's already packaged, and I
doubt you could be sure that nothing anyone else in the worldhas written
uses that library.

> I was planing to release the package as a binary only with libraries
> attached to it, but I would like to ask for advice from the mentors.

I would go with three packages: one containing the shared objects, one
containing the development files (static library and headers), and one
containing the binaries, depending on the shared library package.

--
Matthew Palmer, Debian Developer
mpalmer@debian.org     http://www.debian.org