renaming a package

I intend to rename the glut packages from
to follow the convention for library package naming.

So in the control file, I've specified that libglut3 Conflicts and Replaces
glutg3 for versions <= 3.7-15, and created a glutg3 package with no content,
that depends on libglut3.  I've done similar for glutg3-dev and libglut-dev.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about this plan?  Does it suck,
is there a better way to do it and still provide a smooth upgrade, so
developers depending on the glut libraries aren't shafted?

jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg