Mentor Requests?

I wanted to know after looking at the stats on this list for mentors and new maint. What is a normal time to wait until you should say something to someone about your status/request for a Mentor?

I was concerned with the time I saw for some that have waited at least 3 weeks to 6 months to become a maintainer. I noticed some had not yet to have recieved a mentor.

Thanks, I put in a request last week for a mentor for my Debian packages of MessageWall located at http://ns.linuxhardcore.com/debian/

Thanks and if anyone needs more profile information from me please let me know.

Debian has been the best distribution for me since 1997 and I am hoping to give back something of what I have taken.

--
	    Philip S. Hempel