Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

> The one thing that's *least* useful, though, is trying to tell
> volunteers that, dammit, they're just not doing a good enough job,
> and they'll have to work harder if they want any respect at all.

Hey, don't forget that all the people in the new maintainer process are also
volunteers.

What you said sounds like NMs are beggars who demands thinks that are very
valueable.

Do you fear if there are to many new maintainers then your position as Debain
Developer is not as valueable as it is now?

If someone asks "Hey, there is something going on that i don't quite
understand, please exlpain" why are you flaming? I always thought new
maintainers should get help and not flames.

I'm no new maintainer and no debian developer but only a simple user. I use
Debian because i love the idea of free software and Debian's social
contract. I always thought the idea of a project with a democratic base is
very good. But now it seems to me there is no democratic base because
everytime someone mentions a problem or criticizes something he is flamed like
"shut up, we are volunteers, you don't have to criticize anything". In my eyes
this is very stupid.

There are the people who developed the new maintainer process. Maybe they've
done a very good job, maybe they've done a very poor job. But if you flame
every questions or critics about the process, you will never know. Then Debian
is not a little bit better then Microsoft. There are also "seniors" and they
flame on all the "juniors".

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.