Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

On 20010113T111032+0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Only for very few tasks you will require to be an official Debian
> maintainer.

However, as long as you are not a Debian developer, you do not have
power over policy or in constitutional issues.  You can't, for example,
vote for a DPL or second policy amendment proposals.

Also, a nondeveloper has no access to debian-private or debian-email
archives.

These are IMHO one of the most important points why participating people
should be taken in the ranks of Debian developers.  @d.o mail addresses
are not important, neither is login access to Debian systems.

> This Mail does not require any replies, so don't send me some.

Yes it does.

                     Keep the Deja Archive Alive!
        http://www2.PetitionOnline.com/dejanews/petition.html