Re: dh_maninstall isn't finding control (now the manpage)

hi nicolas and colin,

thanks for the help!   unfortunately, that didn't do the trick.  i set
DH_COMPAT to 3 (the value that man debhelper recommends).

  % pwd
  /home/p/debian/pdamaze/pdamaze-0.0.20011005

  % ls
  CHANGES.txt  Makefile    build-stamp      debian/  pdamaze.c      pdamaze.xpm
  COPYING.txt  README.txt  configure-stamp  images/  pdamaze.host*

  p@satan% ls debian/
  README.Debian  docs                 pdamaze.manpages            preinst.ex
  changelog      ex.doc-base.package  pdamaze.postinst.debhelper  prerm.ex
  conffiles.ex   init.d.ex            pdamaze.postrm.debhelper    rules*
  control        menu                 pdamaze.prerm.debhelper     watch.ex
  copyright      pdamaze/             postinst.ex
  dirs           pdamaze.6            postrm.ex

  % dh_installman debian/pdamaze.6
  pdamaze.6: No such file or directory at /usr/bin/dh_installman line 98.

  % dh_installman
  /home/p/debian/pdamaze/pdamaze-0.0.20011005/debian/pdamaze.6
  pdamaze.6: No such file or directory at /usr/bin/dh_installman line 98.

i'm kind of stuck here.  normally, i'd hack at the perl to force the issue,
but if there's something really wrong with how i'm doing things, i'd rather
not break dh_installman by strong-arming it to work.

any more advice?

thanks!
pete

begin: Nicolas Boullis <Boullis.Nicolas@libertysurf.fr> quote