Re: dh_maninstall isn't finding control

Hi !

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 08:15:40AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> hello all,
>
> when running dh_installman in
>
> 	/home/p/debian/pdamaze/pdamaze-0.0.20011005/debian
>
> which is where the man page is, i get the error:
>
> 	p@satan% dh_installman ./pdamaze.6
> 	dh_installman: cannot read debian/control: No such file or directory
>
> the control file _is_ there, right in between copyright and conffiles.ex.
> the error itself makes it sound like you need to be in the upstream source
> directory, so i changed directories to:
>
> 	/home/p/debian/pdamaze/pdamaze-0.0.20011005
>
> and now the error is:
>
> 	p@satan% dh_installman pdamaze.6
> 	pdamaze.6: No such file or directory at /usr/bin/dh_installman line 98.

Well, I think that you have to run dh_installman from the upstream
source directory. But then, you have to tell it where the pdamaze.6 file
is.
Hence, you should try "dh_installman debian/pdamaze.6" from the upstream
source directory.
You may also want to set the DH_COMPAT environement variable, if you are
using a compatibility level higher than 1. ("man debhelper" for more
info)

Regards,

Nicolas