Re: Re-orphaning package

Martin Sj|gren <md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se> writes:

> Some time ago, I filed an ITA on the gap package and started working on a
> new package, updating gap to version 4, since the old one was hideously
> out of date.  It turns out someone else is working on a new gap package
> for version 4 (gap4) even though there's no ITP on it.
>
> Can I just retitle the gap bug to O again to "get rid of it" and then find
> something else to package?

Is gap4 somewhat downwards compatible? In that case, it would be
better to remove this old version. Nothing is currently depending on
the "gap" package (that's version 3, right?).

I.e. retitle the bug to "please remove gap", and reassign to
ftp.debian.org, and file a small explanation of the situation in the
bug itself.

--
Robbe