Re: Architecture

Hi Robert!

> > For instance, I have a package that can only build on the following
> > architectures:
> >
> > i386 alpha arm powerpc sparc mips mipsel
>
> #104688 states that hppa has failed. How do you know that sh can't
> build it, though? Or hurd-386[1]? Or an architecture that is not even
> known yet?

No, in this case listing the architectures is indeed the right way. The
package in question is a C library which at the moment only supports the
mentioned platforms. I'd have to write quite a bit of code to actually get
it to support different platforms as well.

--

Regards
 Abraham

court, n.:
	A place where they dispense with justice.
		-- Arthur Train

 Abraham vd Merwe [ZR1BBQ] - The Debian Project
 P.O. Box 3472, Matieland, Stellenbosch, 7602
 Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Email: abz@debian.org
 Http: http://people.debian.org/~abz/