Re: Installing custom packages

robbe@orcus.priv.at (Robert Bihlmeyer) wrote in message news:<87hevtgy67.fsf@orcus.priv.at>...
> mburr@programmer.net (Gai Sum) writes:
>
> > I've managed to build the latest (unstable) version of postfix on my
> > Potato box (with some difficulty.) I now cannot install it:
>  [...]
> > Can't locate Debconf/Client/ConfModule.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> > /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.005
> > /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/local/lib/site_perl
> > /usr/lib/perl5 .) at /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/config line 7.
>
> Well, debconf 0.2.80.17 (which is the current potato version, AFAIK)
> has "/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Client/ConfModule.pm" which should be
> ok. Do you perchance have a newer debconf version installed?

Actually, debconf 0.9.81 (testing) requires perl-base (>= 5.6.1-5)
which leads to a great-big upgrade snowball. I was hoping that there
might be a way to massage the source package into compiling and
installing without having to upgrade much else. I know that there's a
new file in the source deb called debian/config that calls for this
ConfModule module. It's really more perl than I'm qualified to
evaluate, but it looks like I might get by just replacing it with an
empty file or something (yuck), since it's purpose seems to be to
*configure* postfix, something that I can pretty much do by hand.

Gai