Re: debconf question.

Viral wrote:
> My problem is that, there will be a variable number of nodes for which
> information is required. This will be only known at runtime.

No problem. A single debconf template can instantiate into an unlimited
number of individual questions. See the REGISTER command. You can also
use substitution variables to make small alterations to individual
questions.

> I thought of fixing up the max. number of nodes to 16. Now, if I use
> the backup functionality, how do I allow the user to specify 4 nodes and
> then continue, instead of pressing <enter> another 12 times ?

Maybe you should prompt for the number of nodes first, then create that
many and display them all.

--
see shy jo