Re: GPG Key Signing (Was: Advocate/Sponsor)

>>"Samuel" == Samuel Tardieu <sam@debian.org> writes:

 Samuel> It has an enormous flaw: you do not sign a key, you sign an
 Samuel> id. That means that checking for one e-mail address for being
 Samuel> valid and signing all the ids is just bogus. You may use this
 Samuel> protocol, but you have to repeat each for  every email
 Samuel> address you are going to sign.

	Actually, the real flaw seems to be that my email assumed that
 the protocol was going to be used by people who had a modicum of
 inductive reasoning.  The outline mentions just one ID in the key
 being verified and signed, and I assumed that anyone this concerned
 about security would realize that the same needed to be done for evey
 ID one needed to verify.  Quite obviously I was mistaken in my
 assumption.

	John, could you please add the iteration over email ID's to
 the protocol?
To Have Your Key Signed

4 ...

 You may receive separate emails for each email ID in your key

To Sign Another Key

put 6, 7, and 8 in a loop:
For each address on the key; do:
  6 ...
  7 ...
  8 ...
done

Double Key-Signing
 Same as above, except 6,7,8, and 9 should be in the loop.

10. You may wish to independenty send email to each email ID on the
    other persons key before signing that identity.

	manoj
--
 The sight of death frightens them [Earthers]. Kras the Klingon,
 "Friday's Child", stardate 3497.2