Re: Advocate/Sponsor

I think that now an advocate is needed to simply say that they agree with
your application, and be a mentor of sorts.

After an advocate is found, an application manager is assigned.

I don't think that there is any requirement for an actual physical meeting.
Photo ID appears to be acceptible.

> Do you mean an advocate? When you submit your appliance to join debian, an
advocate geographically near will contact you for meeting. You need to meet
him/her to prove your identity so debian allows you to join the community.
see http://nm.debian.org/ for more info.