Re: Multiple sections in the control file.

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 03:52:36PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Viral <viral@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work.
> > It seems to be ignored, because after installing them, and using
> > apt-cache show, I don't get the correct result.
>
> "apt-cache show" sometimes displays multiple records. Are you sure
> you're not looking at the wrong one?
>
> In any case, "dpkg -I foo.deb" is probably a better guide.

I knew apt-cache was showing multiple records, but I was checking the right
one. But you're right, dpkg -I is a much better guide, and I'd set the
Sections entry per package just like Gergely had mentioned in a reply to
my mail.

Thanks to everyone for the help ! :)

viral

--
"Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, HaHaHaaaaaa!"