Re: Non-English software

I also do not think that packages should be descriminated because they
are in another language than english.

Being a swede myself, I'm of course interested in packages available in
swedish. However, I currently dont see myself learning japanese or
another language than those I already know, and is therefore not
interested in such packages. A year ago, when I did not have broadband
access at home, I created debian cd's at work. however, since I wanted
to fill them with as much useful software (to me) as possible, I wanted
to easily remove packages that I immediately knew I would never use.
Typically packages with foreign languages (- english :).

As I remember, I used rm *-jp*deb (and other languages, no offence to
japanese :), but it was quite a tedious task to weed through.

What I would like is to have some sort of flag or meta information to
indicate what language/es a package contain, so I can write a script
to easily weed out packages I know I will never use (and maybe include
packages in a specific language).

For me this issue is kind of resolved by having net access everywhere,
but I guess others could benefit from such functionality.

Have anyone else felt this way?

Regards,
 Stefan

Quoting Tomohiro KUBOTA <tkubota@riken.go.jp> [20 May-01 07:50]: