Re: Advice regarding splitting package 'hitop'

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 09:01:28AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > If I did this, would I still have to move the hitop packages into
> > non-US (since it would still build-depend upon libpgsql-dev which is
> > now non-US)? Is there any way around this? Should I even care which
> > part of the archive it goes in?
> >

> anything in non-us does not appear on the default Debian cd.  Whether or not
> you care about this is another matter.

That's a bit misleading.

There are TWO versions of "Debian CD 1", and *both* are official.

One version is for folks in the US who wish to sell it to a customer
outside the US.  The other version is for everyone else.  The
poorly-named "non_US" is omitted from the first version of CD 1.

-Steve

--
by Rocket to the Moon,
by Airplane to the Rocket,