Re: Creating a sid chroot area?

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:21:38 -0600, Ben Burton <benb@acm.org> wrote:
>Hi.  I don't suppose anyone could point me to a set of instructions for
>creating a sid chroot area?  I want to test some build dependencies.  I have
>already tried using debootstrap to make a woody chroot but this barfs around
>console-data each time.

Console-Data is currently broken since it depends on a package that is
not yet in the archive. This is not a debootstrap problem.

I have used debootstrap to generate potato and sid chroots, generated
my user accounts in the chroots and generally tailored them so that i
feel comfortable, and then tarred the chroots. Now I am able to
quickly regenerate a clean environment without affecting my system.

Greetings
Ma "sudo chroot potato su - haber" rc