Re: How do I depend on a specific kernel version?

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 00:40:09 -0500, Aubin Paul <aubin@punknews.org>
wrote:
>Or, if you don't want to trust the iptables dependency, you could put
>a message in the preinst reminding the user that they won't be able to
>use it without a iptables-compatible kernel.

That would be a debconf "note", so make sure they don't miss it. If my
preinst fails with exit code 1, installation doesn't proceed, but the
package can be cleanly removed?

Greetings
Marc