Re: The "fixed" tag

peter karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> wrote:
>I notice that the BTS pages say that the bugs I have tagged as "fixed" are
>"fixed in NMU", even though I tagged them manually. I have understood the
>"fixed" tag as something I can use when the bug is fixed locally/upstream,
>but has not yet found its way into Debian (for instance, for wishlist items
>which will appear in the next version, but which is not yet stable), and I
>have thus tagged things as "fixed" when such things occur.

With the patch in #86922 there's a note that it may not be the best
description. Note that severity-fixed bugs are still shown as "NMU Fixed
bugs", though, even though it's possible to set the severity in other
ways.

I think you should be using the 'fixed' tag for things that are fixed in
*our* system, not somebody else's; would people have set the severity to
'fixed' under those circumstances before tags were implemented? All "new
upstream" version bugs could be tagged fixed straight away if your
definition is right ...

I prefer to just send a note to the bug saying that it *will be* fixed
soon.