Re: Wierd PETSc build behavior...

In Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:32:38 -0500 Adam cum veritate scripsit :

Hello,

> I'm having the darndest time figuring out what's going wrong with the
> PETSc
> build.  It was fine when I built and uploaded PPC packages three weeks
> ago,
> and alpha, sparc and arm seemed to build fine, but it breaks now in
> exactly
> that way on unstable i386 and powerpc and testing alpha.

Sounds strange if it used to work, and now stopped working.

> The problem is that it's setting MPI_LIBS to -L{MPI_HOME}/build/...

As far as I know, mpich used to install itself to $MPI_HOME/build in
versions up to 1.1.2 (the version found in potato), which has changed
in version 1.2.0 and later versions. It is now found under $MPI_HOME
which in the case of  Debian "/usr/lib/mpich"

I think some packages would be broken with this transition.

Maybe symlinking /usr/lib/mpich/build to /usr/lib/mpich might
help some applications to compile?

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4