Re: Correct way to do binary-only NMU?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 02:18:56PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> Yes, you are right.  But there are not problems with hundreds of
> packages, are there?
No, only 80 known packages currently
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/quinn/needs-failed
but an unknown number of not-yet-known problems.
But when we finally switched to glibc2.1, Roman recompiled virtually all
packages. With switching to 2.2 I noted only one problem so far (which made
installing the new libc6 difficult, since head (textutils) was needed to
install libc6, but head did not work, before recompiling with the new libc6).
Seems not many people are testing this libc6 on m68k yet, I did not hear
anybody complain...

> I guess the Developers reference should be clarified (the 7.4.3 that
> is, as it seems to be clarified in 8.2).
Well, yes, maybe. I just take it that porters are different and prefer to
spend time on porting over writing the laws.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/