Re: When is DAM approval supposed to happen?

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 02:47:21PM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> comments inline.
>
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 12:16:56PM -0600, dvdeug@hushmail.com wrote:
> > At Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:36:50 -0600, "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org>
> > wrote:
> > >On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 05:54:31PM +0100, T.Pospisek's MailLists wrote:
> > >You want to start a flamewar before you are a dd? Thats neat, but I
> > >don't take it.

> > >I am waiting since quite some time for to confirmation for my new job,
> > >and I think its worth it. You don't loose the year, there are many things
> > >to do, at least thats how I see it. YMMV.
> >
> > How about answering the (valid) points instead of dismissing them off hand
> > as flamebait? I've been reading debian-newmaintainer-discuss, and found
> > several cases were someone's been put on hold for not answering an email
> > in a couple weeks. Is it not fair to complain when the DAM is going to take
> > a leave of absense for a few weeks without notifying the waiting maintainers?
>
> As my mother told me "life's not fair".
>
> You do not even know _why_ he is delayed? I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but
> if it were? while all you people sit here and chatter about what _you_ want,
> well.. who knows.

Well, I do know that this should not have even been an issue.

Something that hasn't been voiced is why is their only one DAM? Currently James
does at least four (and possibly many more) things for Debian: debian-admin,
DAM, ftpmaint and keyring-maint. Apart from DAM all of the others have multiple
people assisting so that things don't stop when one person becomes busy.

This episode is simply pointing out that there should be at least 2 or 3 other
DAMs.

Regards,
Anand

--
   I close my eyes, only for a moment and the moment's gone
   All my dreams, pass before my eyes a curiosity