Re: When is DAM approval supposed to happen?

At Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:36:50 -0600, "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org>
wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 05:54:31PM +0100, T.Pospisek's MailLists wrote:
>You want to start a flamewar before you are a dd? Thats neat, but I
>don't take it.
>
>> PS: Bah, what is a year of waiting in a human being's life?
>I am waiting since quite some time for to confirmation for my new job,
>and I think its worth it. You don't loose the year, there are many things
>to do, at least thats how I see it. YMMV.

How about answering the (valid) points instead of dismissing them off hand
as flamebait? I've been reading debian-newmaintainer-discuss, and found
several cases were someone's been put on hold for not answering an email
in a couple weeks. Is it not fair to complain when the DAM is going to take
a leave of absense for a few weeks without notifying the waiting maintainers?

If it takes a year to complete my application, I will quit. I have a number
of other projects I'd like to do - Project Gutenberg, GCC, several free
software projects of my own. It's not worth hanging around a year for a
project to accept me as a volunteer. It's unreasonable to hinder a volunteer
from doing work for Debian for a year for no good reason - and having one
person as a bottleneck is not a good reason.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org