Re: When is DAM approval supposed to happen?

> > I am convinced the DAM approval is this kind of bureaucratical decision which
> > can not improve Debian work's quality of any maintaners (it means unofficial
> > maintaners in this case). Personally I have stopped to investigate reasons of
> > this situation and rules which are neccesary to obtain the DAM approval since
> > I can not treat this procedure seriously.
> >

> Does this mean I can never become a maintainer? I believe that
> I have demonstrated my knowledge of debian's policy and skills with
> the packages that I've done.

This mean you are already maintaner (you maintain some packages) but
you are unofficial maintaner. You don't have a Debian account because
such account was not created for you and it doesn't mean your knowledge of
Debian policy or/and skills are insufficent.

Mariusz

Mariusz Przygodzki
dune@home.pl
http://www.dune.home.pl