Re: When is DAM approval supposed to happen?

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 04:03:58PM +0100, T.Pospisek's MailLists wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> > You have not yet proven your patience, which is next in the DAM process.
>
> You have read Kafka, haven't you? I don't remember whether the guards
A little.
> were saying something about Debian being behind those closed doors?
The gates where opened again somwhen last year. People who applied during
the time the gates where closed had reason to complain, but people applying
now just have to be patient, IMHO (I have nothing to do with the new
maintainer process, I am just reading this list). Have you had a look at the
list of applicant? Its rather large. And if I look somewhere at the bottom,
I see people who applied in 1999, seems they are waiting a little longer.

And to repeat what many people said, you can help debian without having an
account, you can fix bugs, send in patches (not bugreports, but fixes...),
trace down problems, even get sponsored uploads. What more do you need to
help improve debian? A nice email to show off?

Just be patient, I don't think begging the application manager is beneficial
to your application. But again, IMHO.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/