Re: What to do during the NM wait?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:56:12PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 04:45:10PM -0400, Gopal Narayanan wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:39:46AM -0500, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:
> > >
> > > In particular, I want to (eventually) adopt the fvwm[1] packages.  I have
> > > toyed with the idea of contacting the current maintainer offering these
> > > packages even though I haven't been contacted by an AM yet but I'm
> > > not sure if that's right or wrong.
>
> Only even contemplate adopting fvwm if you know or are willing to work
> hard at learning Xlib.  It's a tough package (as I discovered to my
> cost.)  There are a couple of people who have expressed interest, and
> when I have time to go through my inbox (soon, I really hope, but RL
> is crazy right now), I will see whether they want it.  Do you want me
> to add you to the list?

hi julian!

i'm one of that couple of people you talked about. i think you can safely
remove me from your list, this code is very hard for me to understand very
well. i prefer to keep fewer packages but in a better way. maybe when i'll
be a better coder i try it again.

thank you anyway :)

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
  --[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50