Re: What to do during the NM wait?

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 10:39:46AM -0500, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:
> In particular, I want to (eventually) adopt the fvwm[1] packages.  I have
> toyed with the idea of contacting the current maintainer offering these
> packages even though I haven't been contacted by an AM yet but I'm
> not sure if that's right or wrong.

Have you tried building the packages, and or figuring out how to fix
any outstanding bugs. Make your own debian package(s) of fvwm by
downloading the current source. Once you think you are ready, you
might contact the current maintainer with your intentions.

> In other words, I'd like to do something useful in my position but I'm
> not sure what.  Should I just package some little apps?  Add some icons
> to fvwm-common?  Just go back to auditing random source?  Help me...  :)

Sure, any of the above.

If you are itching to help out, look at some open bugs in the BTS, try
to fix them and send patches to the maintainer.

Hope this helps

Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Dept. of Astronomy, University of Massachusetts, Amherst