Re: I made a script for auto. creating build-depends

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 03:11:57PM -0400, Franklin Belew wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 02:25:43PM +1000, Timshel Knoll wrote:
> > > >
> This seems like a bad idea, doesn't the buildd use dpkg-buildbpackage?
> Also are we expected to strace something like Mozilla or gimp?

IMO, this script should not be part of a normal build. It should be a
simple extra utility that a maintainer can call every so often to validate
their build deps. Generating build deps should not be part of the normal
build process, and since quite a bit of it is false information (the
libvfork.so library I used to make it work always shows up in there), the
output should only be user parsed and used as a reference, not an
automatic update to the control file.

Ben