Re: I made a script for auto. creating build-depends

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 12:13:05PM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> On Sat, 29.07.00 16:05 +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > > I improved it even more and now I have a patched dpkg-buildpackage, that
> > > runs the strace command and saves the output in debian/strace.debhelper.
> >
> > I hope this is not debhelper specific.
> Currently it is but if there are still many non-debhelper packages I can
> rewrite it - it actually does not really use any debhelper specific
> functions (except of parsing -v :-))
>
> bye,
>
>  -christian-

IMHO, I think it would be a good idea to call it dpkg-builddeps and then
make a separate debhelper script dh_builddeps which calls dpkg-builddeps ...
(much the same as the dpkg-shlibdeps/dh_shlibdeps idea ...).

Timshel

--
   Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>  for Debian email: <timshel@debian.org>
    Second year Computer Science, RMIT   |   CS108 Tutor (Semester 2, 2000)