Re: I made a script for auto. creating build-depends

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 01:17:41AM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> Hello
>
> After the recent questions how to automatically create a list
> of packages that belong to the build dependencies line I've wrote
> a perl script, that reads the file generated by
> 	# strace -f -F -e trace=file -o /tmp/trace debuild
> and produces a list like:
> 	binutils (>= 2.9.5.0.22-4)
> 	cpp (>= 1:2.95.2-6)
> 	debhelper (>= 2.0.82)
> 	dpkg-dev (>= 1.6.9)
> 	file (>= 3.28-1)
> 	gcc (>= 1:2.95.2-6)
> It takes essential packages and the build-essentials list into account.

Sorry to say but this script is fairly useless for most people. Strace
cannot follow vfork() (yes I know -F says it will, but according to the
maintainer, and my own tests, it does not work at all). Once make -C
executed, strace stopped showing output.

Ben