Re: Updating gnupg

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 10:12:55AM -0400, Tommy Moore wrote:
> Hi. I'm trying to update gnupg on my debian 2.2 system with a new source
> tree that came out yesterday.
>
> I read the gnu maintainers  guide about updating  packages and when I ran
             ^^^
> uupdate -u  ../gnupg-1.0.2.tar.gz

I had a nice laugh at this one. Looks like you have gnu ingrained in
you :)

> When it did the patch the only thing that failed was the patching of the
> man page.
> What I did was switched to the new source directory and then went in to
> doc where the patch had failed and there was a file called man.1.rej or
> something like that.
> I'm assuming that some of the man page didn't get included.
> I went ahead anyways with the rest of the process of building the package
> and everything worked, but the man page didn't get compiled in to the
> package.
> How do I include the page in the package like it should be?

The reason for the rejection of the manpage is obvious when you look
at the existing diff.gz file for gnupg_1.0.1-2 on frozen:

http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/frozen/non-US/main/source/gnupg_1.0.1-2.diff.gz

Looks like the maintainer of gnupg, James Troup, decided to
hand-install a man-page. Look at the diff file above. It should be
obvious as to the changes he made (also look at his changelog
entries), and why you had a reject on the diff for the manpage.

HTH

Gopal.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>