how to package python module as shared lib??

(My questions are simple because I'm a music teacher, not a programmer...)

I want to create a debian package of Solfege, my eartraing program
written in python. I have one module written in C that maps some of the
sound macros in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/soundcard.h

Right now, the module is installed as
	/usr/lib/libsolfege.so
Is this correct, and that it should not go into
	/usr/lib/python1.5 or
	/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages
????

If I want to follow the policy, can I let one package install all .py files,
libsolfege.so and data and documentation files, or do I have to make
libsolfege0.deb (and maybe libsolfege0-dev.deb)? The library is simple
and no other software project want to depend on a library created by me...

>From what the policy manual say about libraries it seems like I have to
create all the different packages, but I'm not sure if python modules written
in C counts as libraries.

Tom Cato