Re: conffile location

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Michael Piefel wrote:

> On 15/12/99 at 20:58:13,  wrote:
> > I maintain the apt-move package, which has the single conffile
> > /etc/apt-move.conf.  Recently I've received a wishlist bugreport
> > (51507), plus a few private email requests from other individuals, to
> > have it moved under /etc/apt.  I certainly understand the reasoning
> > behind  the request, but if I understand the policy manual correctly it
> > requires that standalone conffiles be located directly in /etc.
>
> Perhaps one could argue that it is not a standalone conffile since it is part
> of "the apt suite of packages", and such apt-move's conffile belongs in the
> directory of "the apt suite of packages".
>
> Then again, IANAL and neither a Debian developer yet.

Only way I'd see apt-move's conffile going into /etc/apt/ is if it had
some kind of packaging relationship to 'apt', perhaps that `enhances'
relationship being banded about. Come to think of it, that's pretty much
what it does. Perhaps 'apt-move' should declare an `enhances' on 'apt'.

-- Ferret no baka