closing bugs

Hi,
I have reported a few bugs which are really realy easy to fix (in the sense
that I wrote in the bug report what to do to fix it) or are allready fixed,
but the maintainer forgot to close it or did not get it quite right in the
changelog to close it automatically.
I find that annoying, when I want to know which of my bugreports are still
current, since most of them are related to porting, I want to know when a
package is (supposed to be) fixed, so that I can try again. What should I do
with them, close the forgotten bug reports myself, remind the maintainer, do
source NMUs or just leave them as they are?
I dont like the idea of source NMUs, if there is a _maintainer_, he should
do it, otherwise he does not maintain the package and should orphan it...

Maybe every maintainer should get an automatic mail with open bugs once in a
while, in case he does not check them with the bugs database regularily.
There is this nice webpage for every maintainer, listing all bugs against his
packages, everybody should use that as the start page for the webbrowser...

Ciao,
Christian.