newbie problems and some questions

Hello,
	I'm having some problems uploading a package, but I also think I
must have done something wrong in the process, so please tell me if there is
some big mistake in my procedures:

- I got an automatically-generated mail confirming my account/password on
  master, etc, which also mentioned that I should use fer@debian.org address
  for signing packages, so I had to add this identificator to my pgp key and
  send the new public key to keyring-maint@debian.org, which I did. I
  suppose this address belongs to some program which automatically adds
  received keys to debian keyring, so I sent the key in an ascii-armoured
  file directly, with no comments or anything. I also did not sign the
  message with my pgp key, and don't know if I should have done that nor
  received some kind of confirmation, either.

- a few days later, I decided to adopt an orphaned package listed in wnpp
  list, so I wrote to the original maintainer and wnpp@debian.org to inform
  about it, and by now got last maintainers' confirmation for adoption, but
  no reply from wnpp; maybe there must be none or maybe list maintainers are
  too busy, which I understand. I did not post to debian-devel about my
  adoption for I did not see any mention to the need of doing this in wnpp
  list neither other docs so far.

- this same day, I made the package (spim-6.2), checked with lintian and
  uploaded it with dupload to erlangen site in Germany, without problems.
  But later (today) I have received a message from the "Debian queue daemon"
  (ftplinux@rrze.uni-erlangen.de) which said that there was no key matching
  my key ID (3FEC39EB) in their debian-keyring.pgp file and that description
  file would be deleted.

What have I done wrong? is it only that I should wait some more days for my
key to be added to debian-keyring.pgp and "propagated" to the rest of Debian
uploading sites? will I receive some kind of confirmation about this?

Another question; in the making of this package I discovered that its build
part did not work if I ran dpkg-buildpackage from fakeroot (libtricks 0.2-5)
shell, so I ran dpkg-buildpackage as normal user and modified rules file to
run the necessary commands with fakeroot. For example:

fakeroot dh_clean -k
fakeroot dh_installdirs
fakeroot $(MAKE) install BIN_DIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/bin
MAN_DIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/man\
TRAP_DIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/lib/spim

(just an example) Is it ok to do it this way?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Fernando Sánchez - fer@debian.org