Re: Binaries for other architectures

Mika Fischer <mika_fischer@gmx.net> writes:

>  - Wait because it's done automatically (if yes, why am I actually uploading
>    i386-binaries?)

This option.

m68k and powerpc have build daemons which scan for new packages and
compile them.  Other architectures are either in the process of
switching or considering switching.

>  - Compile it on some remote debian-machine.

This is a possibility for at least m68k, powerpc and alpha (kullervo,
tervola and faure @ debian.org), but unless you specifically want to
or need to, I wouldn't bother.

> BTW: Why is the main Debian-server using qmail (non-free)? Seems a
> bit contradictory to me. But I guess, that doesn't belong here :-)

We're in the process of switching (to exim for master; va has already
been done, murphy is problematic, none of the other machines ever used
qmail), but it's a non-trivial exercise as we've been using qmail for
a long time and a lot of stuff relies on it.

--
James