Binaries for other architectures

Hi, all!

I've packaged vfu. The source and i386 packages are already uploaded.
Now I was wondering how the binary packages for the other architectures are
created.
Do I have to:

 - Wait because it's done automatically (if yes, why am I actually uploading
   i386-binaries?)
 - Find someone who does it for me
 - Compile it on some remote debian-machine.

Another question:
Is there a digest-version of debian-devel-changes? That's a bit too much for
my dialup-connection otherwise. Is it recommended to be subscribed to that
group? I guess: yes.

If there is no digest-version, the is there a reason why not?
And if there is no reason, could it then be done?
Or do I have to digestify that myself on master, after I've figured out how
all that qmail stuff works.

BTW: Why is the main Debian-server using qmail (non-free)? Seems a bit
contradictory to me. But I guess, that doesn't belong here :-)

TIA,
 Mika