Re: Which targets are mandatory in debian/rules?

Well, I know we've beat this one to death, but I still have a problem.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can take the time to look at this.

Make segfaults while trying to install.
The rules file can be found here:
http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/frustration/rules.txt
And the rest of the package (*.orig.tar.gz and *.diff.gz) can be
found here:
http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/frustration/

I modified the rules file according to Marcus' suggestions.
It works fine if I am root.  It works fine if I run with debuild suid root.
I segfaults on line 78 of the rules file when run with fakeroot.
It segfaults both manually (fakeroot debian/rules install-gtksamba)
and thru debuild (debuild -rfakeroot)

I've tried it both with (cd <dir> && make ...) and (make -C <dir> ...)
Same results both times.

I see myself with four choices:
1) Forget it.  Don't release a gnome version of the package.
2) Go ahead and release built with root account.  File a bug against
   fakeroot.  Reassign any bugs filed against gtksamba (for not building)
   to fakeroot (libtricks).
3) Release a version with an empty build target.  Sure, it sucks...
   but at least it should build on all machines and can't be a bug
   if the packaging manual suggests it.
4) Find the cause of the problem and fix it.

I'd like to do number four, but have run out of ideas.  I'd be grateful
if any of you have time to look at it.
BTW - relevant packages are make: 3.77-5 and libtricks: 0.2-5

TIA,
-Mitch