Re: Which targets are mandatory in debian/rules?

In article <[🔎] 19990208053811.A21884@turd.mountaintop>,
Mitch Blevins <mblevin@debian.org> wrote:
>I modified the rules file according to Marcus' suggestions.
>It works fine if I am root.  It works fine if I run with debuild suid root.
>I segfaults on line 78 of the rules file when run with fakeroot.
>It segfaults both manually (fakeroot debian/rules install-gtksamba)
>and thru debuild (debuild -rfakeroot)

I've had trouble with fakeroot since I installed the glibc2.1 debs-
are you using those?

As a workaround, I've been doing debuild -rsudo. I assume that
libtricks "disagrees" with glibc2.1...

(thinks: hmmm... I ought to have contacted a relevant maintainer by
now...)

SRH
--
almost called it today, turned to face the void along with the suffering
and the question- "Why am I?"                                  [queensrÿche]