Re: Maybe I broke xfstt?

On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 01:21:37PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 09:38:35AM -0400, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:
>
> > > if grep -q '^no-start-xfstt$' /etc/X11/config
> > >
> > > This way you're sure the ^ and $ aren't interpreted (when I started
> > > using Unix, ^ could be used instead of the pipe symbol...).
> >
> > Well I didn't write that part...and it worked...so I didn't fix it
> >
> > however...I think he just copies from the xfs script because...
> > it has the same line (just without the tt)
>
> Errr... I don't have to point this out, I'm sure, but the xfs test should be
> changed to:
>
>     if grep -q '^start-xfs[[:space:]]*$' /etc/X11/config
>
> otherwise, without the trailing $ it will catch the xfstt line.

Ahhh
I was afraid something like this might happen...
thats why I reveresed the tests and made adding these lines to
config optional (as it is only adding a no-start does anything
that way it works without change)

whew...Ok ..next step is what I planned to do anyway and contact
xbase maintainer about this and see if we can't figure something out
to get both working

(I esp wanted to do that since xbase documents ALL of the options
for that file..)

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"