Re: Maybe I broke xfstt?

On Thu 08 Oct 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> if someone could grab xfstt-0.9.9-7 and test it (I don't think its
> been installed yet) I would apreciate it... (btw it uses start-stop-daemon

I can only find a xfstt_0.9.9-8. Is this already fixed, or does it
still need looking at?

BTW, I would recommend putting things with special chars (such as $)
inside (single!) quotes. So, change it into:

if grep -q '^no-start-xfstt$' /etc/X11/config

This way you're sure the ^ and $ aren't interpreted (when I started
using Unix, ^ could be used instead of the pipe symbol...).

Anyway, I think the $ at the end of the word is a bit paranoid, and will
lead to confusion if someone accidentally puts a space at the end.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands