Re: debmake + devscripts vs. debhelper

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Debmake was never 100% policy conforming.  Due to this lack Joey wrote
> the debhelper that reflects our policy 1:1.  Thus debhelper is to be
> preferred against the other tool.  However I'm not sure how much
> orphaned debmake is since I saw a recent upload by Santiago a few
> days ago.

Exactly. Thanks Joey for pointing this out :-)

Please, people, stop saying that debmake is "orphaned". It is not:
I'm the current maintainer, and so far I don't think I have maintained it
so badly so that it may be considered "orphaned".

People who say debmake does not conform to policy should send bug reports
instead and tell me exactly where it does not conform to policy.

Thanks.

--
 "7f41c0e6d547af528a02d54bed184634" (a truly random sig)