Re: New release of iptraf

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 20, 1998 at 10:31:44PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
>
> > Why not just have the file in /usr/doc/iptraf and run it from
> > there in the postinst?
>
> Well, /usr/doc is meant to be moving to /usr/share/doc with FHS, and
> /usr/share is meant to be for architecture-inspecific data.

It's a script isn't it?  Scripts are rarely architecture-specific.  I
agree /usr/doc/ is a less than optimal place for a conversion script
but my main point was that moving stuff around under dpkg's nose was
Evil and should be avoided, other than that, I'm not really too
bothered where it goes and so on.

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~                                  http://yawn.nocrew.org/