Re: New release of iptraf

Frederic Peters <fpeters@mygale.org> writes:

> So I have cfconv that can be launched to upgrade config files. It's
> a job for postinst, no problem, my question is : Since cfconv is
> useless after postinst, can I move it to /usr/doc/iptraf/ with a
> word in README.Debian saying what I did ? Because if it stays in
> /usr/sbin/, I will have to write a manpage :) I move it 'cause I
> think a 'rm /usr/sbin/cfcon' in postinst is not the right solution

I would suggest not doing either.  Moving files around under dpkg's
nose is IMHO Bad (and will confuse things like cruft), and although
it's unavoidable sometimes, such shenanigans should be _very_ limited.
Why not just have the file in /usr/doc/iptraf and run it from there in
the postinst?

Oh, and please remember to check your arguments in the postinst.

HTH

--
James
~Yawn And Walk North~                                  http://yawn.nocrew.org/