changes to packaging tools between bo and hamm

Debian Mentors,

I'm working on the wanpipe package, which will have both bo-unstable and
hamm versions, so I'm working on two different machines.

On my bo machine, during dpkg-buildpackage, it lets pgp decide who is
going to sign the file (using PGPPATH to point to a config.txt with
MYNAME=<tmancill@us.lhsgroup.com>).  This allows me to sign the upload
with the key that is part of the Debian keyring, but doesn't modify my
maintainer address in my .changes file, which is <tmancill@debian.org>.

When I build the same package on my hamm machine, it quickly indicates
that there is no PGP key-pair for <tmancill@debian.org> (indeed, there is
not) and errors out.  When I force the maintainer to be
tmancill@us.lhsgroup.com using the "-m" switch, the email address in the
.changes file is changed to the value of the -m switch.  I would prefer to
keep the maintainer address as my Debian address.

Am I missing something in my environment on my hamm system?  Should I
generate a tmancill@debian.org keypair?

TIA
tony