Re: RM pinfish?

Am 14.09.2022 um 22:57 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
So I don't think just exchanging names is a very optimal thing to do here.

If I don't hear from Steffen, or no-one raises an objection in the next three weeks, I'll
proceed to file an RM bug.
Steffen???
@Steffen, if you are reading this, a quick reply would be appreciated, really!

I just checked on https://github.com/nanoporetech/pinfish and this is now read-only, apparently something is substituting it, just have not yet figured out what that is. So, if it has to go, then it has to go.

In general, all on https://github.com/nanoporetech/ would be great to be buildable (and runnable) on Debian. It is basically the sequencing technology that is closest to Debian's principles, with loads of options for the many talents in (and with) Debian to contribute to the research.

The spreadsheet typically gives (or should give) the provenance info on why this package was listed, i.e. where it is included in some pipeline (a vertical column) to solve some problem. Pinfish was apparently only listed since nanoporetech provides it, associated with no special column. Hm. With respect to Covid-19, the Nanopore is still state of the art: https://nanoporetech.com/covid-19 , but that art seems to now function also without pinfish.

Thank you all,

Steffen