Re: RM pinfish?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 02:07:51PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Am Sun, Sep 04, 2022 at 11:07:12PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> > I am not a user of the package, nor a bioinformatics guy, hence looking for opinions
> > if this is useful.
>
> In case you are bored to be specified as Uploader

I am partly bored because I have so many packages under my name and I have personal
interest in only a few.
But I also strongly belive in removing software that no-one is using. I agree
that our packages usually have low popcon values, but if some package is _never_
gonna be used, and is abandoned upstream, I think it is an absolute waste of
my time to keep maintaining it. Frankly, I'd do something else.

The purpose of this mail is not to only push myself out of equation, but to also
rm something that isn't useful for anyone in debian as such.

> I'd volunteer to exchange our names and upload.

This is a go package and you have told me several times that you aren't the best
person to work on golang-related tasks, most recently on -hpc list[3]
So if going forward a bug is reported against pinfish, you'd probably have to spend
more time on it that you'd like.
So I don't think just exchanging names is a very optimal thing to do here.

If I don't hear from Steffen, or no-one raises an objection in the next three weeks, I'll
proceed to file an RM bug.

[3]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-hpc/2022/08/msg00020.html

--
Best,