Re: DeepMind’s AI Advanced Protein Structure Prediction tool Open Sourced

On 19.07.21 09:28, Michael Banck wrote:
On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 08:47:23PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
Following the references in

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01968-y

I found this reference

https://github.com/RosettaCommons/RoseTTAFold/tags

but I admittedly cannot tell that I'd have fully grasped who is doing
what and publishes what software where, yet.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/07/google-details-its-protein-folding-software-academics-offer-an-alternative/

tried to break it down.

Reddit and Michael from Rechenkraft.net pointed me to

which announces AlphaFold predictions for all human proteins - ready to
download from the EBI.

In my mind this makes it more, not less, important to get this all into
Debian, so people can also start fiddling with the model and not only
create new predictions (which they should also do).

Best,
Steffen