DeepMind’s AI Advanced Protein Structure Prediction tool Open Sourced

Following the references in

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01968-y

I found this reference

https://github.com/RosettaCommons/RoseTTAFold/tags

but I admittedly cannot tell that I'd have fully grasped who is doing
what and publishes what software where, yet.

The context:

The biochemistry happens in 3D as proteins (and some functional RNA),
while all we easily get are 1D DNA sequence data from which one can
predict the sequences of amino acids that form the protein. To get from
that polymer of amino acids to the 3D structure one typically looks for
patterns of sequences that have been observed in structures that have
already been determined. Or one try computing that structure de novo,
i.e. without a template, and ... wait.

Once we have the protein structures one can better understand the effect
of mutations, and start other sorts of simulations, like disturbing
protein interactions with compounds, i.e. find new drugs.

Best,
Steffen