Re: q2-* - did a few

On 08.08.21 14:59, Steffen Möller wrote:

On 07.08.21 23:49, Nilesh Patra wrote:

On 8 August 2021 2:57:46 am IST, "Steffen Möller"
<steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
On 07.08.21 22:13, Nilesh Patra wrote:
[...]
Do you need some help?
There is a partial dependency of
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gneiss (dep of q2-gneiss) on
https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh . The latter seems to produce nice
graphics, no idea how much work that would be to package. Should go to
science rather than med, I suggest. If you could pioneer the packaging
of bokeh then this would be nice.
Bokeh is a beast, and I honestly don't have the time to get it all by
myself. However I can ofcourse hell in the process.

I think Shayan (in CC) was doing something to package Bokeh. @Shayan,
any updates on this?
My suggestion would be to have a section reserved on the spreadsheet
that summarizes all the bokeh dependencies and whatever needs to be done
for it.

bokeh is also essential for the visualization tool
https://github.com/microscopium/microscopium. Seems like we are missing
something.

For a first look at how many dependencies we are missing, I added a
column for bokeh on the spreadsheet ("Others"-tab) on
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tApLhVqxRZ2VOuMH_aPUgFENQJfbLlB_PFH_Ah_q7hM/edit#gid=853602383
and that looks good. A few packages need updates in Debian, but when it
comes to build- and runtime environments, we are mostly fine.

Best,

Steffen